Need I say more? These recommended links are really recommended! They are as much for you as for me coz they are valuable!
Recommended links include links to useful IT & Web related sites as well as a Miscellaneous section that includes tangentially related sites like e-cards.
Quick Index of Recommended Links
- cutroni.com/blog/ : Analytics Talk: Digital Analytics for Business (by Justin Cutroni)
- gatipoftheday.com : Google Analytics Tip of the Day
- Google Analytics Academy: Digital Analytics Fundamentals
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics Solutions Gallery (bundled solutions e.g. dashboards, custom reports, segments) for newbies or gurus. Great help to learn GA and get started.
- support.google.com: Google Analytics Help Center
- support.google.com: Google Analytics URL builder (tool/form to help add parameters to URLs for use in your Custom Campaigns).
ARTICLES DIRECTORY – Submission/Free Content
- 1888articles.com – 188Articles
- allbestarticles.com – AllBestArticles
- articleclick.com – ArticleClick
- articledashboard.com – Article Dashboard (17/08/13 Discovery Note: can join but seems have to now pay a one-time fee of $47)
- articlegeek.com – ArticleGeek Free content as well as free article submission
- article-hut.com – Article Hut Offers free article submission
- articlesbase.com – ArticlesBase “Free online articles directory”
- article.getblogs.com – Articles @ GetBlogs.com
- buzzle.com –
Buzzle– Discovered on 17/08/13, no longer accepting new submissions.
- dmoz.org – Free Content List of sites that offers free content for publishers
- ezinearticles.com – Ezine Articles
- goarticles.com – GO Articles
- hubpages.com – HubPages Can also include your blog’s RSS. More of a Content site.
- podcastdirectory.org – PodCast Directory Upload audio MP3s
- podcastingnews.com – PodCastingNews Upload audio MP3s
- slideshare.net – SlideShare Upload your PowerPoint
- squidoo.com – Squidoo Can also include your blog’s RSS. More of a Content site.
AUTHORITY Sites & Sites of Interest
- colorschemedesigner.com – Color Scheme Designer – Fantastic online color chooser tool. For web color scheme or artistic endeavours. Simple to use yet complex enough to give detailed useful variations. Highly recommended.
- jetspinner.com – JetSpinner Recommended by Richard Legg
DOMAINS & REGISTRAS
- whoismydomain.com.au – WhoIsMyDomain – (http://www.whoismydomain.com.au/) I found this much more useful (i.e had results) than whois.net or whois.ausregistry.com.au
- reference.sitepoint.com – HTML Elements – really useful quick reference of all the HTML elements
- waystoavoidscamsonline.com – Ways To Avoid Scams Online Seems like a good place to turn to if in doubt about any online program. The site owner seems willing to assist.
- Free-e-cards-online.com – Free E-Cards Online. I have not used this site extensively but it does seem to have a big number of free e-cards. And we all know that there are occasions when having a selection of (free) e-cards is extremely useful.
- feedage.com – Feedage RSS Aggregators. Submit your RSS feed.
- feedraider.com – FeedRaider RSS Aggregators. Submit your RSS feed.
- bing.com – Bing Keyword Research (free tool. You have to sign in to your Bing or Microsoft account to use)
- google.com – Google Keyword Planner (free tool. But you need to have a (free) AdWords account to use it. Recommended tool. )
- semrush.com – SemRush free keyword tool (recommended but only a few free keyword searches per day. Otherwise it is pretty pricey: US$69.95 per month)
- spyfu.com – SpyFu for Free SEM (Search Engine Marketers) tool, a PPC (Pay Per Click) analysis tool, giving estimates what people (competitors) are currently paying per click for various keywords and phrases
- ubersuggest.org – UberSuggest (great to generate keyword alternatives whenever you need to create a list of possible keywords)
SOCIAL MEDIA and NETWORKS
- allfacebookemoticons.com – All Facebook Emoticons A list of shortcodes for emoticons that can be used generally on Facebook
- socialmarker.com – SocialMarker A Social Bookmarking site
TOP BLOGGERS (“Guru Sites”)
- becomeablogger.com – Become a Blogger
- copyblogger.com – Tools and Training for Smarter Content Management (Totally Recommended!)
- entrepreneurs-journey.com – Entrepreneurs-Journey by Yaro Stark
- problogger.net – Problogger by Darren Rowse
- strategicprofits.com – Strategic Profits by Rich Schefren
- richard-legg.com – Richard-Legg.com
WEB DESIGN & Development
- css-tricks.com – CSS TRICKS Great site for css tips and tricks. Recommended.
- firstsiteguide.com – useful blog and resources on how to develop your website. (Addendum Jan 2017: in particular, pay attention to their new section: Online How-to Guides. They look very useful indeed!)
- getbootstrap.com – Bootstrap The official site where you can download everything needed for bootstrap.
- htmlkit.com – Favicon from Pics Free online tool to convert pic of your choice into a favicon
- lab.maltewassermann.com – Viewport Resizer – GREAT bookmarklet. Allows you to view the layout responsiveness of site for on different devices – phones, laptops, desktops, etc. Recommended.
- onextrapixel.com – How to use Twitter Bootstrap to Create a Responsive Website Design
- sitepoint.com – Twitter Bootstrap Tutorial – Handling Complex Designs
- webdesign.tutsplus.com – Twitter Bootstrap 101: Introduction
- CamStudio.org – CamStudio Free Streaming Video Software (PC only)
- iwebtool.com – iWeb Tools Provides a large number of web tools for free (e.g. Backlink Checker, Alexa Traffic Rank, etc.)
GENESIS by StudioPress
- briangardner.com – Code Snippets (listed by Brian Gardner)
- studiopress.com – Code Snippets (if you have bought from StudioPress)
- studiopress.com – StudioPress – the creators of the Genesis Framework and StudioPress Theme (<= yes, yes! Affiliate link. I love it unashamedly, so!). This site runs on Genesis.
- StudioPress.TV (aff link) – watch step-by-step video tutorials on Genesis or even get latest videos delivered to your email address for free.